Introduction to Homeownership: Self-Paced Class
Buying a home is a big deal! ICCF Community Homes works with individuals and families to determine whether or not homeownership is an appropriate next step for them. In an effort to provide accessible education to households, ICCF Community Homes has partnered with Framework to virtually provide first-time homeownership education. With Framework, you’ll navigate every step of the process with confidence.
This course covers topics on:
- Homeownership readiness
- Credit and budgeting
- Choosing the right home
- Fair housing
- Purchase and closing processes
- And more!
Online classes are available in English and Spanish.
ICCF Community Homes also offers one live Zoom Webinar a month.
Download and complete the Education Intake Packet. Please return completed paperwork to ICCF Community Homes by one of the following methods below. Be sure to communicate that you would like the self-paced course.
- email the completed PDF to [email protected]
- drop off completed paperwork to ICCF Community Homes at 415 Martin Luther King Jr St SE, Suite 100 (get directions)
- mail a hard copy to:
415 Martin Luther King Jr St SE, Suite 100
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Register for class with the link provided to you by an ICCF Community Homes staff member.
Complete self-paced online curriculum on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement: ICCF Community Homes supports and promotes fair and equal access for all people in the delivery of housing education and housing counseling services, and access to housing. No person shall be denied services or housing on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disabilities, national origin, age, height, weight, familial status or marital status.
- Registration fee is $75 per household
- All fees are non-refundable
- Fees may be waived with proof of hardship
- Course is accessible via smartphone, tablet, laptop and desktop
- Course certificate satisfies requirements for MSHDA Home Loan Program, Housing Choice Voucher, and Habitat for Humanity education.
- Registrants participating in Housing Choice Voucher or Habitat for Humanity should contact [email protected] or 616-336-9333 x 300 prior to registration.
- For questions regarding translation/ interpretation services or internet access, please contact [email protected] or 616-336-9333 x 300 prior to registration.
Virtual self-paced class
$75 per household
Please contact [email protected] or 616-336-9333 ext. 300. Translation services are available.