Introduction to Homeownership: Live Instructor
Buying a home is a big deal! ICCF works with individuals and families to determine whether or not homeownership is an appropriate next step for them. In an effort to provide accessible education to households, ICCF teaches the class through Zoom Webinars, In-Person Classes, and Self-Paced Modules. Each method covers the same content, it is just presented differently.
This course covers topics on:
- Homeownership readiness
- Credit and budgeting
- Choosing the right home
- Fair housing
- Purchase and closing processes
- And more!
Online classes are available in English and Spanish.
Unable to attend the scheduled class times listed below? ICCF offers a self-paced Introduction to Homeownership Class through Framework that can be completed on your own schedule.
2021 Upcoming Classes
Please click the linked class date to be taken to Eventbrite to complete the registration process. Please note that the method of instruction is listed next to the class date (i.e. if the class is in person or via zoom). If the class is over more than one day, participants must attend both sessions in the same month.
For most up-to-date registration availability, please click the class date links below or visit the Eventbrite Page for ICCF.
September 14 & 16: In Person from 6pm to 9pm both nights, Tuesday and Thursday.
October 16: Online Zoom Webinar from 9am to 4pm, Saturday.
November 9 & 11: In Person from 6pm to 9pm both nights, Tuesday and Thursday.
2021 Past or Full Classes
March 23 & 24: Zoom from 6pm – 9pm, both nights, Tuesday & Wednesday.
April 17 & 24: Zoom from 9am – 12pm, both Saturday mornings.
May 18 & 19: Zoom from 6pm – 9pm, both nights, Tuesday & Wednesday.
June 5 & 12: Zoom from 9am – 12pm, both Saturday mornings.
July 20 & 21: Zoom from 6pm – 9pm, both nights, Tuesday & Wednesday.
August 14 & 21:Zoom from 9am – 12pm, both Saturday mornings. (FULL)
Click an upcoming session above to register for the class.
Download and complete this pre-registration packet. Please return completed paperwork to Rebecca Abraham by one of the following methods:
- email the completed PDF to email@example.com
- drop off completed paperwork to ICCF at 415 Franklin St SE, Suite 100 (get directions)
- mail a hard copy to:
Attn: Rebecca Abraham
415 Franklin St SE, Suite 100
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Participate in the class, either by meeting in person or via zoom depending on the class date(s) you registered for. Please note you must be in attendance for both sessions to receive your certificate.
The Zoom Link will be sent to participants via email a few days prior to the class start date.
The In Person Class will be held at 400 Franklin St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507 (get directions)
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement: Inner City Christian Federation (ICCF) supports and promotes fair and equal access for all people in the delivery of housing education and housing counseling services, and access to housing. No person shall be denied services or housing on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disabilities, national origin, age, height, weight, familial status or marital status.
Registration for the Zoom Webinar OR In-Person Class
- The registration fee is $20 per person; $5 for one additional household member
- All fees are non-refundable
- The Zoom Course is accessible via laptop and desktop
- Course certificate satisfies requirements for MSHDA Home Loan Program, Housing Choice Voucher, and Habitat for Humanity education.
- The class closes 48 hours before the first session and/or when at capacity.
- Participants who are more than 20 minutes late will not be awarded certification and must register for the next available class and pay the full fees.
- Participants who miss one part of a two-part class must reregister for the next available class; fees may apply.
- Registrants participating in Housing Choice Voucher or Habitat for Humanity should contact Jenni Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-336-9333 x 300 prior to registration.
- For questions regarding translation/ interpretation services or internet access, please contact Jenni Lewis at email@example.com or 616-336-9333 x 300 prior to registration.
Live Zoom Webinar: The link will be emailed to participants a few days prior to the first class time.
In Person Class: Class will be held at 400 Franklin St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507 (get directions).
$20 per person; $5 for one additional household member
Please contact Jenni Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-336-9333 x 300. Translation services are available.