About this event
The Introduction to Homeownership Class is a 6-hour fun and interactive class covering topics on:
- How to prepare for homeownership and shop for a home
- The advantages of homeownership and low-cost ways to get into homeownership
- What to expect during the mortgage process
This class is a 2-part class. The first part is on Tuesday, July 20 from 6pm to 9pm and the second part is on Wednesday, July 21 from 6pm to 9pm. Both parts are required to receive the certificate.
It is required that you and anyone else on the future loan attend the full 6-hour class, which entitles you to a MSHDA, HUD, or other program certification, that is valid for one year. Certificates will be granted directly to you to pass onto a lender or program staff. We will keep records of your attendance as verification.
In addition to the registration via Eventbrite, the following packet must be filled out: Intro Class Intake Packet
PLEASE NOTE: ALL classes will be held via a live Zoom webinar.
- $20 for the first registrant, $5 for additional registrants in the same household. The $5 fee is not for friends, only additional members of a household; Friends must pay $20 as another independent registrant.
- The class closes 48 hours before the first session and/or when at capacity. No day-of registrations; class participants must be registered for the class.
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Fees may be waived for those with proof of hardship
Cancelation Policy, Late Arrivals, and No Shows
- Once registered, the student is holding a spot, therefore reservations for this event are nonrefundable.
- Participants who miss one part of a two-part class will not be awarded certification and must register for the next available class; fees may apply.
- Class participants who are more than 20 minutes late will need to reschedule for the next available class and pay the full fees.
Alternative Class Option: Unable to make a live zoom class? We also offer an online, self-paced Introduction to Homeownership Class. To register for the self-paced class, please go to https://iccf.org/classes/introduction-to-homeownership-selfpaced/ or contact Jenni Lewis (see info below).
Other Zoom Class Times are available. Please see our event page to see other options.
Questions? Contact Jenni Lewis at (616) 336 – 9333 ext. 308 or [email protected].
- Session One
July 20, 2021 - July 21, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm