Job Title: Vice President of Finance
Reports to: President and CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Directs the organization’s general business and financial management functions, ensures proper financial controls exist, leads the department’s efforts to provide a high level of internal customer service, and ensures the financial integrity of the organization as well as its relationship with lending institutions, stakeholders, and the financial community by performing the following duties directly or through other employees for the Inner City Christian Federation and subsidiary entities.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Directs accounting systems and activities to ensure proper recording of all financial transactions.
- Provides for the preparation and delivery of financial and operating reports; directs the study and analysis of the financial results
- Directs cash management for the organization
- Assists Real Estate Development and Management staff members in preparing development and operating pro-formas; collaborates in obtaining real estate development financial packages.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of management information systems.
- Participates in strategic planning and corporate direction decisions, including directing annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Directs ICCF’s annual audit process.
- Directs the preparation of the Annual IRS-990 reports plus all additional compliance reports.
- With other Senior Managers ensures full compliance in the following areas:
- General causality, liability and vehicle insurance
- Human Resources & Employee Benefits
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith
- Passion for and commitment to achieving justice and equity in housing
- A high degree of initiative, independence, and tenacity; able to identify and prioritize actions towards a goal
- Effective communication skills – verbal, written, presentation – with audiences diverse in age, race, etc.
- Ability to build relationships quickly and authentically
- Willingness to collectively and personally work to close persistence opportunity gaps based on race, class, culture, and power
- A sense of optimism and an assets-based way of viewing people and situations
- An orientation towards problem-solving and value creation – experience identifying root causes and developing results-oriented solutions
- Servant Leadership – strong commitment to team with colleagues and partners by sharing responsibility for successes and growth opportunities
- Racial and cultural competence – an understanding of the role of race, culture, class, and power and the willingness to disrupt patterns of inequity
- Practical knowledge and experience with supervisory and leadership techniques
- Mastery of financial operations and the ability to effectively apply knowledge to standardized or specialized financial situations
Education and/or Experience
MBA required; ten years’ experience required and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA designation is desirable.
ICCF offers a benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, accrued paid leave time as well as a retirement plan
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to Traci Douglas, email@example.com by 2/17/17. ICCF is an EEO employer.